Saturday, January 15, 2005

Tithe

Hiya People! I decided to make a post on tithe. I apologize for not being very frequent at all in blogging...I just either 1-forget, 2-have way too much going on, or 3-don't know what to write about. Currently, at this very moment, my only responsibility is to go to sleep really soon so I don't fall asleep in church tomorrow.

Anyways-tithe. I understand it is giving one-tenth of one's income to God, and that this tenth, along with the other nine tenths as well, already belongs to God. So it is our responsibility to give back to God, and then He'll bless us even more.

Well, I haven't really thought about it much before. A couple years ago, I was often confused and perplexed at how many tithes were given on one dollar bill. My thinking went along these lines--my Dad paid tithes when he received his money every month and then gave me my allowence out of this money that, according to my thought process, had already been tithed on. Yet I still tithed on that same money, mainly because I was told again and again that I should give one tenth of my money to God.

Now I realize that the dollar bill really only symbolizes the work we put into something that caused us to receive the dollar bill. So when I gave one-tenth of my allowence in money, I was really giving God one-tenth of the energy I put into doing my chores. I'm not sure if what I'm saying is making much sense or not, but I'm trying.

I enjoy tithing. I see time and time again how God has blessed me over and over for tithing and offering. I enjoy helping my Church, how I am somewhat helping to pay for the expansion of the facilities or whatever, no matter how small my tithe actually is. It's fun and enjoyable. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

†God Bless†
Bria

3 comments:

jacob.thrasher said...

*gasp* Bria posted... again! LOL

Welcome back... again... LOL oh well.

Good thoughts on tithing. The Bible says that if you tithe, God will rebuke the devourer... which makes me rather happy, since I don't really like that devourer guy...

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you Bria!
Giggles

Anonymous said...

BRIA! where did you go again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's been almost a month!

Giggles