Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Basketball Party

I'm actually not waiting an entire month to create a new post. Wow.

Anyways, last night, during the final four games, I had the privledge to go over to a friend's house (the same one that was sitting on the back of the couch in my last post, let's give her a name: Anastasia, which isn't her real name). They had just gotten a big screen TV to watch the games on, because the people of her family are huge Illinois fans.

After getting there, I found that another friend of mine, let's call her Leisl, was also there.

We started out talking while paying some attention to the game periodically. Eventually, however, we left the living room and went to Anastasia's room. After that, we spent the majority of the rest of the time just up there in the room, talking, laughing, and playing with a voice memo feature on a cell phone.

I had a wonderful time. I actually discovered that Leisl could actually spend time with me without ignoring me or pretending to hate me just to annoy me (because, according to her, I am really fun to annoy).

When I first heard about the party, I expected to spend my time sitting in front of a TV and watching Illinois play Louisville and UNC play Michigan State. However, what I did instead was much better.

I spent time with friends, one of which I hardly ever saw or even talked to at school (Leisl). I didn't lose anything by doing so. I had a great time, and was even able to find out the scores in the games when they were over.

I learned something last night. I learned that developing relationships are worthwhile and definately better than watching some basketball game on a big screen HD TV. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

†God Bless†
Bria

No comments: