Sunday, August 19, 2007

Freedom

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

I felt the desire to write something, even if no one is going to read it. Who knows? Maybe someone will read, maybe someone won't, but I will write anyway.

This past weekend, I went on a prayer summit with my church. I was the youngest there from my church, and one of only four youth. I felt honored to be invited and am so glad that I went. I am blessed, so blessed. I have a family who loves me and is excited for me to go to things like this and even comes with me. I have friends who are on fire for God and who challenge me daily. And most of all, I have a loving Father who gave His only Son to rescue me from my own failures. He gives me strength, in Him alone do I put my trust. I know He will never fail me. I know He is always with me, and I will praise Him for the rest of my life.

The reason this post is titled "freedom" is that in this last week I have a new level of freedom. I am an introvert and pretty shy, especially around people I don't know or those I consider more spiritually mature than I am. I have become comfortable enough praying with my group of friends, but beyond that I struggle.

This weekend, we split into groups during prayer time, and my three friends and me followed our youth pastor because he was in charge of a group. An elder in our church that we all really love came too. After we started to pray in the first session, someone came and sat in a seat, joining our circle. My eyes were closed, so I didn't know who it was initially, but when he started to pray, I recognized his voice immediately: the senior pastor of my church.

I definitely sensed breakthrough this week for me. In the midst of this group, initially I did feel uncomfortable praying, yet by the last session there was a comfort and a peace I felt about it. I realize now that it is God who has placed this "shyness" in me: as a result, I am reliant on Him for courage to speak out. And He does give me courage and strength, and as I grow closer to Him I realize how much He loves me and truly is with me. He is a God of truth, and He keeps His promises-and He has promised to never leave me or forsake me.

I am free to worship. I am free to pray. I am free to live a life on fire for God. And I have this freedom through Christ Jesus, my Friend, my Savior, my Brother. Praise be to God forever and ever! Hallelujah(-weh)!

God is good all the time, and all the time He is good.

God Bless!

Bria(nna)

:)†<3U
Smile, Jesus Loves You!

No comments: